Are you preparing for an oral surgery? Have you talked about the procedure and know what to expect? If so, then you are on the right track! The next step to think about is the information you need after your oral surgery. The recovery process for your oral operation is vital to heal correctly, so you can get back to your everyday life.
Our doctors, Dr. Bailey and Dr. Huff, are happy to help you with your recovery process after oral surgery. That is why our team at South Coast Family Dentistry in Coos Bay, Oregon, is happy to help you by sharing this information on oral surgery recovery tips.
Here are some tips on how to recover from oral surgery:
– You will need to visit your doctor for aftercare appointments to ensure proper healing is occurring.
– Tobacco is known to slow down recovery time and damage your gums. Avoid tobacco use during recovery.
– Some surgeries may require you to sleep at an angle. Make sure you’re doing so as well as getting enough sleep each night.
– Your diet plays a key role in your recovery, so avoid products that can slow recovery time.
– Always listen to everything your doctor says and follow all instructions to ensure proper recovery.
If you would like more information on oral surgery, or if you have any questions about your care and treatments, please call us today at 541-269-5353 to talk to a member of our team. We are happy to help you.